Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June Social Ride

I'm pleased to announce that our first club social ride of the year will take place on Sunday the 10th of June, and the route we'll be tackling is the Ayrshire Alps. The route can be viewed at the link below:

www.strava.com/routes/3987538

The plan is to meet at the Cambusdoon Sports Club car park (postcode KA7 4NH), just across the road from the Robert Burns Museum at 9:00am, and aim for a 9:30am grand depart.

The route sets off from Alloway on rolling roads before hitting the first of 3 "Alps" called Glenalla. From there, it's up and over the Nic O Balloch, then straight up the short side of the Tairlaw, and a fast descent to Straiton for a coffee stop. It's then rolling roads back to Alloway, and depending on the route back from here, the total distance will be between 40-50 miles. At last year's club social in Moffat we had a great turnout of 14 riders - let's see a similar number this year for what is sure to be another great day out.

Hope you all can make it!

Comments

• Riding a 10 at cambusbarn .
  • Ahh, I didn't realise that was the same weekend. I just checked the entrants list, and it seems there's a few riders from the club taking part in this TT :neutral:
  • I also can't make the 10th of June ... got a dancing show to watch
  • And it's the wife's birthday
  • aye corrieris TT was rearranged for that weekend :(
  • I'm knitting... bones
  • Chris, unfortunately I think you are always going to have call offs. I think you should stick to the dates and routes planned and hope to get as many riders as possible.

Cheers Davy t
  • Very sorry it's the kids gymnastics competition.
  • not gonna be there. away that weekend